NEW travel/trial size Moisturising Facial Serum
Select your skin type: Dry or Oily
Our facial serums are our alternative to moisturisers.
Most facial moisturisers (or any moisturisers for that matter) are made up of 60 to 80 percent water, oils, emulsifiers, scent (either essential oils or synthetics) and preservatives.
Our facial serums are one hundred percent oil. I know, I can hear you gasping at the thought of putting straight oils on the face. But remember, if you use a moisturiser already it almost certainly contains oils. I've even seen 'oil free' moisturisers that contain oils by other names.
So, if you're already applying oils to your face this is really a question of which oils are used and in what dose. Depending on the richness of your moisturiser or the time of year or your climate-controlled environment you will use more or less moisturiser. The water in your formula will evaporate and you will be left with the emollience contributed by oils.
I choose my oils for a range of reasons. Here's some of those in our moisturising facial serum:
- Rosehip oil - is particularly helpful for mature skin as it is restorative and wrinkle-fighting. It is a very rich source of essential fatty acids – in fact it is 80 percent fatty acids. These are vital for regenerating skin cells, and repairing skin tissue.
- Jojoba oil's similarity to sebum allows it to penetrate and moisturise the skin’s deeper layers without clogging pores and the skin is still able to breathe easily. It can help with retaining moisture and preventing the growth of microorganisms. It is rich in proteins and minerals and can help soothe irritated skin.
- Grapeseed oil is a light oil, well suited to facial applications and with helping control oily facial skin. It has a good deal of vitamin E, which provides antioxidants for your skin, and is also high in linoleic acid which may help reduce clogged pores.
- Camellia oil comes from the same plant that Green Tea is made from. Camellia oil is high in oleic acid (oleic up to 80% and linoleic acid 9%) and rich in Vitamins A, B, and E, which provide antioxidant, disinfectant and germicidal properties.
- Argan oil is restorative, nourishing and emollient, and is useful when applied to dry, sunburnt and mature skin.
- Meadowfoam oil provides ultra violet protection, moisturises and provides a protective skin barrier.
- Olive Squalane is an emollient & skin conditioner. Often referred to as “mother nature’s face lift”, Squalane is found in human sebum at a level of 12 per cent.
- Evening Primrose oil (aka (or star flower oil) is extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose flowers and can help heal and reduce inflammation in skin. It contains gamma linolenic acid, which is thought to play an important role in maintaining healthy skin. Some studies have suggested that it is lacking in some people with eczema.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant and can help protect skin against free radicals. It can help with the appearance of skin blemishes.
- Essential oils have been chosen for both their scent and to particularly benefit dry or oily skin (depending on which product you choose).
Apply two to three drops to fingertips and spread gently over face. Slightly damp face or fingertips may assist application, but is not necessary.
|Brand||Washpool Skin Wellness|
Dry: Rosehip oil, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil, Meadowfoam oil, Olive Squalane, Evening Primrose oil, Essential oils (Lavender, Neroli, Frankincense), Vitamin E.
Oily: Serum: Rosehip oil, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil, Meadowfoam oil, Olive Squalane, Evening Primrose oil, Essential oils (Lavender, Frankincense, Petit Grain, Clary Sage), Vitamin E.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Washpool Skin Wellness users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.