Date Posted:1 June 2018
Living with less plastic - shampoo bars in the media
We've been watching with interest the flutter of discussion about shampoo bars as a more environmentally friendly option than liquid shampoo. Here we dig a little deeper into the slippery topic of solid shampoo bars.
Generally, solid shampoo bars will either be a traditional soap bar formulated specifically for hair washing OR a solid detergent bar (more like a solid version of regular shampoo). We don't make the solid detergent bars as they have quite a complicated list of ingredients that we know many of our clients are trying to avoid. Below we explain a little more about the upside and downside of the type of bar we make - traditional solid shampoo bars.
We formulated our THREE IN ONE bars when fellas started telling us they wanted just one chunk of soap for showering, shaving and shampooing. The inner-geek in us was set free in the quest to formulate the Swiss Army Knife of soap bars. We've included Moroccan Rhassoul Clay for razor slip and Virgin Coconut Oil for a satisfying lather to soothe hard-working skin and the very best of oils and butters for gentle, effective cleansing.
Clients who love these bars choose them for a number of reasons, including:
- they're less complicated with one product for hair, face and body
- they're good for travel where weight and space are limited
- shorter, fine hair feels thicker
- they're packaged in biodegradable wrap
- people with itchy scalp and chemical sensitivity often experience relief from symptoms
- the ingredient profile is much more natural than commercially available shampoo
- Now for the honest downside:
- traditional soap bars don't cope as well with more mineralised water
- long, thick & curly hair can become more tangled (which can be alleviated with an apple cider vinegar rinse or conditioner)
This product was originally named Men’s Soap, but so many women were using it that we chose a more gender inclusive name - Three in One.
- Moroccan Rhassoul Clay helps absorb excess dirt and oil and provides slip to our shaving soaps
- Brazilian Clay - provide natural colour, helps absorb oils and is particularly good for sensitive skin.
- Shea & Cocoa Butter, Olive, Castor, Coconut & Macadamia oils deeply penetrate and moisturise to leave your skin smooth & soft.
We have four scents to choose from in this range:
- Bergamot, Cedarwood & Patchouli
- Lemon Tea Tree, Mint & Eucalyptus
- Patchouli, Ylang Ylang & Cinnamon
- Sweet Orange, Clove & Black Pepper
Three in One Soap Testimonial
Great for shaving
I bought this soap for my husband - he likes having just one product that he can use for washing his body and his hair. But I also find it great for lathering up to shave under my arms. The scent of the lemon tea tree is gorgeous.
Tanya (5 Stars)