Do you want to
- ✓ Minimise the chemicals you expose yourself and your family to?
- ✓ Protect & nourish your sensitive skin?
- ✓ Use environmentally friendly products?
- ✓ Buy palm oil free?
- ✓ Support a small business?
- ✓ Purchase direct from the maker?
At Washpool we hand-craft the highest-quality natural soaps and cleansers, using the best ethically sourced ingredients.
- We’ve done the research for you - we carefully source our ingredients from ethical & fair trade suppliers, and we buy Australian, organic and local where possible.
- There’s no “nasties” in our products - you’ll be able to recognise our ingredients - most of which are edible and food grade. Our ingredients include cold pressed edible oils, butters and milks, extracts, infusions, activated and whole botanicals along with clays, honey, fruit and vegetables. Find out more about our ingredients.
- We carefully hand-craft and package all of our products on site
- We seriously investigate the best options for packaging, including purchasing biodegradable, recycled and recyclable packaging
- Our products are not tested on animals (except our human volunteers!)
- You’re supporting a family-run rural business who gives back to our local community and charities
- Your bathing experience will become a sensory heaven filled with luscious lathers and heavenly scents
Meet Melissa - Washpool owner & head soapmaker
I know I’m not alone in wanting to provide my family with the healthiest, most socially responsible products that are affordable everyday, not simply as a gift or a treat. Placing a product we’ve made with our own hands directly into the hands of our customers allows us to deliver the most value, both in terms of quality but also the richness of the artisan/customer relationship.
A decade ago, I was raising and homeschooling three young children on a remote, drought declared cattle property near Roma, in western Queensland.
Part of daily life was tossing the kids into a ute or cotton seed trailer and dishing out feed to hungry livestock. Living in such a harsh environment, meant that the children often had dry, wind blown skin but when I applied moisturisers their skin would sting. It was at times like these that I tossed out the shop bought cream and intuitively headed into the kitchen for some olive oil to soothe them, and although it wasn't a perfect solution, at least it didn't cause pain and irritation.
I've always been a good label reader when shopping for food, however I began to realise that I did not apply the same scrutiny when buying products to use on our skin. After continuous reactions to shampoo, I started reading and researching the ingredients of the products I was using. I noticed that it didn't seem to matter whether I purchased an expensive product from a salon or a supermarket brand, they had similar ingredients that often caused what I call 'the itchies'.
In Ballandean, our girls were able to attend the local primary school, and I began to have more time available. After tonnes of theoretical research I finally made my first batches of soap to share with family and friends. I wasn't long before I started receiving positive feedback and I realised I had found my passion.
The Washpool product range is customer driven, so whether our three, now teenage, daughters need a new product or Washpool’s beautiful clients ask for something, we listen to suggestions and try to fulfill desires. Demand for more natural skincare is also resulting in the release of cleaner, greener ingredients that deliver results, which means reading, thinking, experimenting and sometimes tweaking existing products or creating new ones.
— Maya Angelou
The Washpool Farm Soaperie difference
“Fantastic product and second to none in service. I can’t fault my experience with Washpool at all, not a thing, the personal service is beyond amazing, the products are fantastic and the ethics behind the ingredients are spot on. A fantastic company, I see no reason why I would need to buy soaps elsewhere ever again.” - David