Do your lips need a little protection?
Our Manuka Honey & Spearmint Lip Balms have been formulated to protect and moisturise the lips. They can also be used to moisturise dry, cracked hands.
We've been formulating this recipe in little glass jars for many years, but recently decided to test it in tubes for easier portability. This recipe is softer (but more nourishing) than most lip balms. Our Bellwether testers reported back that they really liked this in the tube and that for all but the hottest weather it withstood melting (and did re-set after cooling down even in hotter climates).
- Manuka honey comes from beehives in New Zealand where the bees harvest honey from the manuka shrub. Manuka honey has been found to have highly therapeutic properties, including in wound healing.
- Beeswax helps solidify our balms and provides the skin with nutrients and a protective barrier.
- Castor oil comes from pressing the beans from castor bean plants. It acts as a humectant, which draws moisture to the skin and provides a protective barrier. It can be helpful for sunburn and other burns, skin irritation and inflammation.
- Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil & Cacao Butter deeply penetrate and moisturise to leave your lips smooth & soft.
- Jojoba oil is similar to the sebum in human skin, and can help with retaining moisture and preventing the growth of microorganisms. It is rich in proteins and minerals and can help soothe irritated skin. We use 100% pure cold pressed Australian Jojoba from Jojoba Natural, in South-east Queensland.
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant found in many fruits and vegetables and can help protect skin against free radicals. It can help with the appearance of blemishes.
- Rosemary Extract is a natural antioxidant, and helps keep oils fresh and extends their longevity.
- Spearmint provides a delicious mint scent
|Brand||Washpool Skin Wellness|
Great product16 April 2019I really enjoyed using the lip balm and found it easy to apply and was happy to reapply as often as i needed it. I have purchased your lip balms before in the tub and i never end up finishing them because i don't like having greasy fingers so this product is fabulous. I also found that it didn't come off very much all over my glass when i had a drink, nor did it coat my teeth while i slept - great product.
Recommended16 April 2019I noticed that my lips have felt protected and moisturised. I got burnt at a sports day for my son and the lip balm was soothing and helped repair my sunburn lips quickly. I have a lot of lip balms as do my children but we all come back to the washpool lip balms. They coat the lips without being sticky and last a long time. My son gets very dry lips in winter, now he has lip balm in his bag and pencil case and hasn't had any problems. I recommend these products to everyone and buy them as presents. Thank you.