Do your lips need a little protection?
Our Manuka Honey & Lavender Lip Balms have been formulated to protect and moisturise the lips. They can also be used to moisturise dry, cracked hands.
We've been formulating this recipe in little glass jars for many years, but recently decided to test it in tubes for easier portability. This recipe is softer (but more nourishing) than most lip balms. Our Bellwether testers reported back that they really liked this in the tube and that for all but the hottest weather it withstood melting (and did re-set after cooling down even in hotter climates).
- Manuka honey comes from beehives in New Zealand where the bees harvest honey from the manuka shrub. Manuka honey has been found to have highly therapeutic properties, including in wound healing.
- Beeswax helps solidify our balms and provides the skin with nutrients and a protective barrier.
- Castor oil comes from pressing the beans from castor bean plants. It acts as a humectant, which draws moisture to the skin and provides a protective barrier. It can be helpful for sunburn and other burns, skin irritation and inflammation.
- Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil & Cacao Butter deeply penetrate and moisturise to leave your lips smooth & soft.
- Jojoba oil is similar to the sebum in human skin, and can help with retaining moisture and preventing the growth of microorganisms. It is rich in proteins and minerals and can help soothe irritated skin. We use 100% pure cold pressed Australian Jojoba from Jojoba Natural, in South-east Queensland.
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant found in many fruits and vegetables and can help protect skin against free radicals. It can help with the appearance of blemishes.
- Rosemary Extract is a natural antioxidant, and helps keep oils fresh and extends their longevity.
- Lavender provides a pleasing floral scent.
|Brand||Washpool Skin Wellness|
Castor Oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Jojoba, Cacao Butter, Manuka Honey, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Essential Oils
Lips felt better16 April 2019Usually when I use lip balm I have to apply it more often, this left them feeling a lot better